Bark in the Park Team Tips:
Teams are a great way to have fun with your co-workers, customers, and fellow active, animal-loving community members! Forming a team is also great exposure for your company or organization, and helps to spread the excitement about Greenhill’s Bark in the Park.
PLUS, 100% of the proceeds from your team’s fundraising will help us care for animals at Greenhill Humane Society.
How to Form a Bark in the Park Team
Just one person is needed to start a team - the captain! There is no additional fee to start a team and there is no maximum or minimum number of team members.
The team captain should register first by selecting CREATE TEAM during registration. Then, follow the prompts and be ready to name your team. The captain of the team can manage and customize the team’s homepage. This works like all the other personal pages in Bark in the Park: the team captain can post a favorite picture on the page along with a personal message.
Invite Friends and Family to Join
Once the page is up, the captain can use their Bark in the Park Page to ask friends, family and coworkers to join the team and/or make a donation. People who join a team pay the same registration fee as all other participants. A gift to any team member will automatically appear as a gift to the team (as well as a gift to the individual who received it).
Be a Top Team
Next, the captain can encourage fellow teammates to send out emails and collect donations. Every donation made to individual team members will be reflected in the team’s fundraising too! The more team members, the more likely it is that your team will be the leader of the pack!
The Bark in the Park page has lots of great tips and tools for tracking your team’s fundraising progress and sending out emails to recruit teammates and to ask for support.
Team Captain Quick Checklist
- Set a recruitment goal. We recommend having at least five members to a team, or if you’re a corporate team, 20% of your workforce.
- Personalize your Team Page. A customized team web page makes a big difference, and is easy to do. Visit your Bark Page to add you own text and a photo.
- Begin recruiting team members through emails, social media, personal requests and posting information. Your Bark Page has many tips and tools for sending emails and managing team members.
- Host a team kickoff meeting. This could be at your favorite restaurant, brewery or coffee shop – and be sure to let the staff know you about your team - perhaps challenge them to form their own team and see who can raise more to help homeless pets?!?
- Set a team fundraising goal. Don’t be shy - aim high and ask each of your team members to committee to raising a portion of the total.
- Ask your employer if your company has a Matching Gift Program (and ask each team members to do the same). This is an easy way to double donations.
- Invite a Greenhill Humane Society representative to your work. You’ll learn how your participation in Bark in the Park helps local homeless animals and hopefully have more people interested in joining your team.
- Have fun – it feels great to join thousands of fellow animal-lovers while participating in Bark in the Park - be sure to take photos and post on your social media sites throughout your team’s milestones.
Marketing Materials: (SOON!)
Please download flyers and posters to print or share online to help promote your team’s efforts.
Link to Bark in the Park Flyer
Link to Bark in the Park Poster (8.5” x 11”)
Link to Bark in the Park Poster (11” x 17”)